Not sure what to check and what to carry? Take a few minutes to learn the can-dos and no-can-dos of carry-ons on Delta international flights
TSA’s recently announced changes to its Prohibited Items list, including allowing small pocket knives on aircraft, has been temporarily delayed. For more information, visit tsa.gov.
ONE BAG. ONE ITEM. NO CHARGE.
We know, you’ve probably heard it before, but just in case you need a reminder: you’re only allowed one carry-on bag and one personal item onboard at no charge. Just make sure they fit into the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. Cram sessions are not pretty — and they slow things down.
SO WHAT EXACTLY IS ALLOWED?
Approved Personal Items
- 1 purse, briefcase, camera bag or diaper bag
- or 1 laptop computer (computers cannot be checked)
- or 1 item of a similar or smaller size to those listed above
Additional Approved Items
The following items do not count as personal items (they’re freebies):
- A jacket and/or umbrella
- Food or drink purchased after clearing the security checkpoint
- Duty-free merchandise
- Special itemsopens in a new window like strollers, child restraint seats or assistive devices such as wheelchairs or crutches
Delta International Flights CARRY ON SIZE RESTRICTIONS
It won’t fit. Three words you don’t want to hear when trying to board. To avoid delays and possible checked bag fees, follow these size requirements:
- Baggage may not exceed 45 linear inches (or 114 cm) in combined length, width and height, including any handles and wheels, with the exception of small musical instruments that fit in the overhead compartment space or under-seat space available at the time of boarding
- Baggage must meet carry on size limits (approximately 22″ x 14″ x 9″ or 56 x 35 x 23 cm). Reference size check templates located at ticket counters and gates.
Passengers traveling on Delta Connection flights, and only those flights with fifty (50) seats or less, are only permitted to carry personal items on board the aircraft due to limited overhead space. Personal items must be able to fit securely under the seat in front of the passenger. All carry-on bags within Delta’s size restrictions will be gate checked, free of charge, during the boarding process and returned upon deplaning. Please ensure that a pink Gate Claim/Planeside tag is securely attached to the carry-on item. Assistive devices are not subject to this restriction.
If you need information about items such as knitting needles or razors, please consult the TSA websiteopens in a new window.
Delta International Flights CARRY ON WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS
No maximum weight applies to carry-on baggage except in the below stations:
- Singapore, Singapore – Changi International Airport (SIN) carry on should not exceed 15 lbs. (7kgs)
- Beijing – Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) requires that domestic hand carry bags should not exceed 10kgs. Individual carrier rules apply for international flights.
- Shanghai – Pudong International Airport (PVG) carry on should not exceed 22lbs. (10kgs)
If you need information about items such as knitting needles or razors, please consult the TSA websiteopens in a new window
AIRLINE PARTNER NOTICE
Our Delta SkyTeam®opens in a new window and codeshare partnersopens in a new window may have different guidelines and restrictions on certain flights, so be sure to check before you check in.